It’s my birthday today, and I find it impossible to have a birthday without contemplating the passing of time and reflecting on what I would share with my younger self.
As I enter the last year of my 30s, I find myself feeling more grounded than ever before. I have lived through a myriad of experiences that have shaped me into the person I am today, and my inner wild woman has guided me through it all.
Now, as I reflect on my journey, I can't help but think about the advice I would give to my younger self.
So, as I approach the end of my 30s, I am grateful for the wisdom that comes with age.
These are some of the things I would share with my younger self…
- Trust your intuition: it will always be your north star if you allow this innate wisdom to be heard, it will always guide you.
- Self discovery is everything: Focus on being true to yourself and doing what makes you happy. You’re not here to make everyone else happy at the expense of your own happiness.
- You are enough: In a society that profits from your self doubt, loving yourself and being visible just as you are is a rebellious act. It will create space for others to do the same and become your life’s work.
- You don’t need to know what you want to do with your life: Everything is in divine alignment! You don't need to worry about searching for a career, because the squiggly one through recruitment and lecturing was all part of the journey that would support you to develop your business. Your birthday is the start of the tax year, it is written in the stars that you were born to be self-employed!
- Minimalism is the antidote: Happiness isn’t on the other side of a short-term rush of buying a thing. Contentment will come when you start to shed the stuff & live life for moments, not things! Ask yourself ‘will this add value to my life?’ ‘Will this create abundance?’
- Embrace how your body changes: your body is your geography, it is how you navigate the world. Celebrate it for all it supports you to do and reject the insidious bullshit of beauty standards constructed around you. Life is too short to go through each day feeling shite about yourself. Step into your light and dance to your own tune.
- People change: the more you root into your truth, the more old relationships will fall away and create space for the most authentic ones to blossom. They don’t deserve your best bits if they don’t walk by your side in the darker times.
- It's okay to say no: You don't have to say yes to everything. It's okay to say no to things that don't align with your values or that you just don’t want to do.
- Connection to nature: you know it has always been your true love, immersed in the wilderness. Friluftsliv - the free air life, your compass. The more you align to source, the more purpose led your life will feel.
- You have ADHD: it will be a pivotal moment when you realise. Coming home to yourself. The calling off of the search and it all making sense. I’m sorry you walked through so much in life, not knowing or understanding why. It will take time to process, to realign your whole life but it will be the most rewarding journey.
Ask yourself ...
What do you want to look back and remember?
Visualise the older version of yourself - what would you tell you about your life today?
What would she want to remember?
Share this story